Sunday, April 13, 2008

Delta Wrestling


Ok, so i don't know if anybody has come across this or not, but my boss was telling me of his wrestling days and how he was a state champion. i told him of dad and the Callister wrestlers from Delta. i found this site from a city that is pretty proud of their wrestler tradition. you should check it out. they claim that Delta was put on the map because of its Wrestling program! they have all the state champion years and information on the start of the wrestling/boxing program. yes that is correct it was originally known as the Delta High Wrestling/boxing team. the first year shown is 1949 and you guessed it Sheldon is the star wrestler / boxer for the team. i guess they used to switch off wrestling and boxing every other match or something like that! you need to check the site out. www.deltawrestling.org

2 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

boxing in high school?! what the...

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Nice Research Josh!

I wonder if Sheldon is the one maintaining this website....I knew that Delta was a Regionally known power...but nationally..thats pretty dang impressive. Nice work Dad!
Sorry that the closest I came to carrying on teh legacy was one year of little league stuff (until a kid bit my butt...then I said... no thanks)

Jake


Jake