Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Deena's quirks

Since everybody has been doing this here is things to know about Deena

1. lime green makes me so happy
2. I buy things I want or would enjoy playing with for my children's birthday and christmas presents.
3. I always stress out if I owe somebody I know money.
4. One of my favorite sayings is 'Beam me up Scottie' (especially when Caleb is writhing in pain in the back seat of the car because Andrew and Sammy are breathing too loud)
5. My favorite thing to do is to spend all day at the lake with just me, my sister, and my 3 kids. We have only slightly damaged the boat every time we have gone. Darn, I guess we do need men. JK
6. I love sweats
7 . I hate levi's
8. There are 2 things I really believe in: the gospel and the Thomas Jefferson Education Model.
9. As much as I believe in the TJE Model, I often feel inadequate in being the mentor I need to be.
10. I really usually only call my dad if "I need money or a favor" and I usually tell him so.... We laugh, I love you dad.
11. I talk to my mom everyday.
12. I have a shoe fetish (sp?). For the last 2 years the favorite has been Dansko's. I found a brand new pair at the D.I. for $5.00, that fit me perfectly. The Secret works (if you know what that is).
13. I do all of the family finances.
14. I love tennis. I just wish I could play it.
15. I've turned into that wierd homeschooling mom, that doesn't immunize her kids. Let's her kids walk around the neighborhood without shoes and doesn't wash their faces 24/7. However, not that it matters and I do not judge others for this, I could never nurse my child until they were 3 years old.
16. I lose 50% of everything I have and find about 25% of what I lost.

17. I use my husbands toothbrush (when I can't find mine) and he doesn't know.
18. I never know the lyrics to any songs, but sing them anyways.
19. I still take piano lessons.
20. I don't know how to tickle very well. My kids are always saying "owe", while they laugh.
21. I always get my husband excited about scratching his back, but spend the majority of time picking his zits (go annie!!!), which he finds very disappointing.
22. Balance seems really important in my life.
23. I wear a full body wet suit in an indoor heated swimming pool (Annie, it's a great idea for staying warm).
24. I love hot tub temperature baths and showers ( and my poor kids have followed in my foot step)
25. I absolutely love being a nurse, except when neighbors expect that you actually know something. This has been one of the greatest blessings throughout my life.

5 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

I loved reading this!!!! It is so fun to know some of the little things that make you, you. Love you!! mom C

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I agree Deena

Very fun post. Three cheers for Thomas Jefferson!! Thanks for sharing

Jake

Josh said...

umm... i think i need to change my toothbrush now!!

Rachel Ure said...

Thank you! That really brightened my day! You are soo funny deena. I love these lists because they remind me how much i love the person who is writing about themselves. I am soo mad that i am not a better phone talker. I could use the kid of pick me up that your list gave me more often. I check my email and blog everyday so please keep posting stuff!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Deena... What an awsome list. I think we are more alike then I knew. It made me day! and its only 9am.

Love you!

p.s.
What is the Secret? I must know.