Friday, June 27, 2008

same ol' same ol'


so, my right ankle (the one with the funny bone thingy, that Rachel has also) has been sprained so dang many times in my life, and Monday morning, before i left town for Manti, i sprained it one more time. this is the typical result. I didn't have my resident nurse around for help. it was pretty tender, but i made it through the trip like a champ! all my guys wanted me to go to the hospital and have it checked out. (one even offered to pee on it for me....) i told them this has happened so many times that i am not worried about it, and just limped along.

5 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

Josh, what in the world did you do?? That looks like a wicked sprang. How did you even walk on it?? Do you have an elastic wrap on it or something? Sorry, You didn't get the little extra bone thingy from me. Hope you live through it. On a happier note, we are excited to have your kids next week for a couple of days. Love you Josh!!! Mom

Rebekah said...

that is just messed up! What a fun thing to look forward to every now and again!
That happened to me just once in my life, and it was really painful. I didn't get medical attention either, but probably should have.
sorry for you. Ouch!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Geez Josh. I have only had that happen once, and it was incredibly unpleasant. Hope you get well quickly....and that you can walk when you are 60.

I wonder if it Wouldn't happen as often as it does if you had it looked at....

Daniel and Angie Callister said...

so.. you turned down the pee?

Rachel Ure said...

I can't believe that some people have never sprained an ankle or only once (jake) It is such an awful part of my life! My ligaments are so stretched out that the last few times i stepped on my ankle wrong it just popped right out of place and i there was no visible swelling. I am just waiting for the bones to break because there are no ligaments to left to damage. My ankle randomly slips out of joint all the time. yucky huh!