Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jacob 32


So Jacob Lathel Callister has achieved another notch on his belt. another completion in his yearbook of life. Quite a man now, had the privilege of doing the Hole in The Rock with him this year and Andrew and Caleb sure enjoyed his presence...(they still talk about his inspiring and statuesque entry in to Lake Powell at the bottom of the trail. ) you will have to ask him about that.....it is fun to see the father he is becoming and is, cute kids and i am sure a handful, but he has or will learn patience, and be an even better man for it. kids certainly have a way of trying what little patience you have, and as your patience increases, so do their abilities to test it!! i hope that your birthday was and is everything it deserves to be and know that a little family in Kaysville is thinking of you and wishing uncle Jacob the best! P.S.. Caleb and Andrew really want to play spin the bottle again and have some good ideas of things to do if it lands on you!

6 comments:

Deborah and Stephen said...

Jacob, we wanted to let you know that there is a little family in Holladay who is also thinking of you on this special day... the day you entered the world 32 years ago. We love ya and wish you weren't so far away but are grateful for every chance we have to see you! Have a great birthday!

Deborah and Stephen

Von and Maureen said...

Love you Jacob!!!! was good to talk with you. Josh, Yes, kids do try your patience, but oh my goodness it is worth it. I am still learning patience, but those grandkids are sooooooo fun!! Mom

Rachel Ure said...

we must make more memories together. josh seems to have plenty- i am jealous

Rachel Ure said...

funny that we are all talking to jacob through josh's blog. it's all about a family

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Thanks all. That is a funny observation Rach. Seems to work just fine right? I had a wonderful birthday, and appreciate the kind words. I am all about making memories when I can so lets keep the good times rolling. I still am just hoping that I have the only remaining pictures of my entry into Lake Powell Josh... Platte Lyman style! Oh and tell Caleb and Andrew that I have got some good spin the bottle tasks saved up too.. July reunion should provide some epic spin-the-bottle (one involves an annoying repetition of the phrase "Why are baboons bums red")

Rebekah said...

I am so late!
I was just thinking how Jacob used to seem so much younger than me, to me.
I am just 33--we are closer in age than most of my friends and I!
Sure love that Jacob and am so excited to see him and the babies in less than a month! (can't wait to you either, Josh--and little Hannah)