Monday, March 14, 2011

our new 'kids' Mandy and Mindy....and Lola

Here is Mandy an Overhasli Kid Goat
Isnt she Cute!
This is Mindy, a Nigerian Dwarf Kid Goat
she is really small and jumps alot!

Mandy
This is Lola, she is our milking goat right now.
she is 2 years old, and just had 3 kids, she is a little
loud calling for her kids, which are nowhere around. we hope
that in a few days she calms down. (and yes i have milked her already)
i haven drinken the milk but will,





Yes we are crazy and don't know fully what we are doing, but Deena
feels pressed to become as self sufficient as we can become, and
this his part of the 'mother plan' ....pun intended.
i will have to post some video later, as they are just incredibly cute
and climb up anything!







6 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

oh, wow. I thought that these were your back neighbors goats. they are yours! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures with these little guys! oh, and do tell about the goat milk. i hear it is sorta magic in ways

Von and Maureen said...

Oh my goodness. I am excited to see and hear how this works for you all. I am sure that the "kids" all of them, will have a good time with each other. Do you get a lot of milk? I have been using raw goat cheese....it is pretty strong, but I like it. I hope that another part of the "mother plan" includes us living by you :)

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Sounds like the urban-rural dream! I have co-worker with goats, she says they are a lot of work, but she loves them to death! Are there components of the "mother plan" that society in general would benefit from knowing about?

Daniel and Angie Callister said...

That is the coolest thing ever! Goats rock.

Rebekah said...

I am so very green--and not just because it is ST patrick's today!
I have wanted to do this for forever and am jealous--of course, I have romanticized it a bit. I bet it is a lot of work, but they are so cute!!
I need to send my boys for the summer so they can live my dreams out at you house--work, work, work!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I'm addicted to this herbed goat cheese a store here makes. Maybe this summer I can try to recreate it. Maureen knows the one :) they really are so cute. It's kind of sad that the mom is calling to her babies trying to find them. I take it they were separated when you bought the mamma. I'd like to hear about this "mother plan" as well.