Friday, October 16, 2009

Sarami

October makes for easy blog ideas, since there are so many birthdays!! but i am especially excited to talk about my little sister! I don't know how she does the things she does, i just know she has been doing it for as long as i can remember. I know that Annie has commented on the "spaz" or energy bursts that the callister boys have, where they freak out momentarily to 'release' the built up hyperactivity (usually from sitting too long) that we tend to accumulate. well Becky has this trait as well, and there is honestly nothing more amusing to me, then seeing her in one of her spaz 'wigouts'. it always puts a smile on my face! but most things she does put a smile on my face. She is saintly, though she would probably never believe it. Strong personality and strong beliefs, strong determination and will, these october girls are pretty special. i think that is why i was attracted to Deena right away, she is the double image of what i grew up with all my life. So in a way, I owe my family to Becky, as well as my strength in dealing with these strong personalities. I love it, i need strong women in my life, and 2 of the strongest have had to deal with me for quite a while now! i love ya beck, and hope there are many more opportunities for me to see you 'spaz', chat about kids and school. discuss books, give each other strength, and help each other pull through. (or maybe take a spin on a motorcycle) happy birthday little sis!

3 comments:

Josh said...

i wrote this on the 16th and i am not sure why it hasn't updated on all the blog lists yet??

Rebekah said...

Thanks, Josh!
I guess I now know why I like Deena so very much!!!
I love you, big brother, and hope that we spend plenty more time together--be it on motorcycle, in a great European city, chatting about a great book, or just seeking out opportunities for a good "spazz".

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I never noticed this post Josh. But what a great summary of Becky! She is indeed a rock in the fam.

Jake