Saturday, January 10, 2009

my custum made doors



I apologize for not posting for a while. i really haven't done much since Italy. recently however i made these custom doors for my reading room. Deena really wanted doors on these very large 'closet' areas. so i put my ingenuity to the test and designed and built these doors. they are 8 ft tall and open from the middle. 4 doors in all connecting in the center. i used 8ft pine planks with 1x4 pine runners as door moldings and side rails. i fastened everything together with my nail gun. i think they turned out pretty good. i still need to sand and stain them, but wanted to hang them to see how the worked. it is neat to see something from your mind come to fruition and actually work!! now i will do the same thing for the window you see on the wall.

4 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

Wow! I have tried to do a few things like that and only got frustrated, like the time I tried to put crown molding in our living room. In case you haven't noticed we don't have crown molding. That is how successful I was. Keep up the good work Josh. You make me proud.

Rebekah said...

Those doors look so amazing! Way to go josh-wa!
What a great thing to do on your "time-off".
We miss you guys!

Josh said...

becky, i wonder where i got the idea to have doors opening in the middle like that?? hmmm

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Whoa!

Its the Newest Yankee workshop!! Good for you. That is awesome. I need to learn how to do that. There is guy in our neighborhood who makes furniture... I am so jealous. You may have just inspired me...
As Dad would say
Good workus MGurkus

Jake