Monday, February 4, 2008

New First Presidency



I am soo excited!! i watched the press conference where President Monson and his counselors were introduced to the media. He is such a neat man! he looked in my opinion very prophetic, and you could just sense the mantel on him as the prophet. i know that Jacob is probably very excited about President Uchdorf, i have always thought that he 'glows', he just seems to radiate light and confidence. i think his talk last conference was probably one of my all time favorites! and President Eyring is my very favorite speaker, he wears his love on his sleeve and always has a great message of positive and optimistic living that must credit his parents and you can see that in all the apostles, i think Hinkley has rubbed off on them all!! i couldn't be more excited and optimistic about the future of our church.... what do you all think?

3 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

i didn't know that the new presidency was anounced. i am so out of it!!! I was really affected with president Hinckley's death - he was the prophet for so much of my important growing up time- but i am excited for president MOnson too. looks like we got some young ones in there- these will be the men that Tayson will grow to love. thanlks for your thoughts josh

Von and Maureen said...

We did not get to hear the press conference here in Italy and tried to get it up on the computer with out success, but we too are excited about these men. Because of the many visits to Grandma Warner's ward in the care center by Pres. Monson we have had the experience of seeing him on a closer and personal level. Neat stuff. Thanks Josh.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

That is really exciting JOsh! I think I could hear Germans cheering the day of the announcement. Its surprising to me how smooth this transition is going (for me at least) I really thought it would be a bigger deal when Pres. Hinkley died. It was a deal, but not such a sad thing. I look forward to Thomas Monson's leadership!

Jake