Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Becky

This post is to wish my little sister a happy birthday. My little sister has finally achieved her third decade and deserves a tribute worthy of that accomplishment. Ahem.....

Becky.. you are old!!

It seems hard to believe sometimes that almost 15 years ago we were in the same class at Brighton. I really enjoyed having a class with you. believe it or not Rebekah, i was pretty darn proud of you. I had to goof around for attention, people just liked you. All my friends thought you were good looking and wanted me to try and hook you up with them. I always said no way! she is far too good for you guys. I remember you writing in my yearbook that year, it was not earth shattering but it is the one message in my book that means the most to me. i hope i wrote in yours, i think i did. there is always something about seeing your little sister when walking through the halls at school, i hope i always smiled at you because i was never embarrased or too good at least in my thinking. i always hoped you were having a good day and wanted to make sure that if there were any 'big brother' things that needed to be taken care of i was available or in tune to it. you always smiled at me, in fact becky, my rememberances of those years you were always smiling to me. i hope i smiled back. i think i did. Now things are different, yet you call (usually looking for deena) but you never seem too dissappointed when i answer the phone. my little sister has turned in to quite the lady, and always has an older brother that looks up to her!

love you beck

josh

4 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

that is so sweet. the perfect birthday gift from a brother

Daniel and Angie Callister said...

that was a really nice letter. I hope you don't mind if I Copy/Paste it for Deborah's birthday :)

Josh said...

I just hope that Becky gets a chance to read it some time

Rebekah said...

Josh,
I finally got internet, for a few minutes anyway, and I just read your message for me. Wow! You brought tears to my eyes!!
I have always felt a special bond with you and know that we had to have been good friends in the pre-existence. Thanks for all the sweet words. In high school you did smile back--in Junior High it was the almost indiscernable head tilt of acknowledgment, but I knew you loved me even then!!
I love you, mine elder brother!
your serami