Saturday, June 16, 2012

She's number 1

So, Sammy has been playing softball this year. She has Become pretty good, and really enjoys it.. ( she invites everybody, and I mean even random strangers to come to her games) first game of the season, she struck out ecg time at bat. She would hang her headand walk back to the dugout. I felt bad, next game grandpa and grandma were there and she hit a home run! Everybody was telling her to stop on the bases, but she just kept running, and they couldn't catch her...only home run in the entire league all year. I started working with her on her batting. The next game she hit every time up! Her coach said to me that she has something you can't teach, I said what is that, he said she swings the bat fast and hard. She does, another parent told me she swings like she is angry, she does. I think she only struck out once in the next 15 or so at bats, she hits the ball very hard. She has been playing 3rd base, because she can throw so hard. Its been a lot of fun to go to her games. So at the end of the season they had a little single elimination playoff to determine a champion. Sammy team was dead last in the standings, Sammy hit most of her balls all the way to the grass, and in 9 year old girls softball, that is a mile, she was crushing them! They won that game and moved on. They won the next game and moved to the championship game and they won that! The games in a row! Sammy hit everytime up and they were crushed out of the infield.  Her teamwon the championship! They didn't give Ann award for this but all the parents thought she was the most valuable player! Its been great for her confidence.




5 comments:

Von and Maureen said...

Way to go Sammy!!!! You are so amazing, and you are having fun too. I love that you have found a sport that yu really like and are really good at. We feel bad we did not get to more of your games. Looks like we really missed out. We love you so much!! See you soon. Grandma

Rachel Ure said...

cool! i can't wait to tell her cousins. they will be so proud!!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

WOW Sammy. That is something special for sure! VERY IMPRESSIVE. I would LOVE to watch you play one of your softball games. Thanks very much for sharing Josh.

Rebekah said...

I am SO impressed miss Sammy, though I am not surprized.
I am so glad that you stuck with it--you could be in the olympics someday! Wouldn't that be neat?!
In the mean time, I agree with Grandma and am so glad you have found something you love to do and are really good at!
My boys will think this is pretty darn cool!!

Halo BW said...

Nice post!

hhttps://www.cekaja.com/info/pilihan-kartu-kredit-untuk-umkm