Wednesday, July 28, 2010

my summer vacation....









alright, i know that many of you are curious about what i have been doing all summer to try and make ends meet. well here it is. I have been trying to get my business off the ground, and have found that it is quite a feat to get it rolling. i have had about 10 jobs so far, and there are a few more on the schedule. i have one employee, you may know him.. Daniel James Callister. i think he is learning that he is glad he is pursuing his Masters degree so that he doesn't have to do this type of thing ever again...j/k we have had fun watching each other sweat and sweat and drip sweat all day long. the last job we did, i literally looked like somebody had upended a cooler of water over my head, and nobody had! but the company is the best i have ever had doing this stuff, so i will miss Dan when he leaves for greener pastures. here are some pics of us working. There is a story about the moose, i had Sammy with me dropping off flyers in Park City. she was going up this long driveway and she all the sudden runs back to the truck and says there is a moose on the driveway. i was a little frustrated because she had been dinking around the last few driveways and i figured she was just telling me a fib to get out of it. i told her that moose wouldn't be around all these houses next thing you know the picture happens.

6 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

cool moose pic! i would be so scared. moose really friek me out.
those boots look interesting. i bet it was fun to work with dan

Deborah and Stephen said...

fun summer vacation josh! :) the moose is pretty cool and i would run away just like sammy.. it will be sad to have your co worker gone. I am happy you were able to do so much together this summer. :) stephen and I are ready for a boating trip.. just throwing that out there. I might be able to assist you with your gravel jobs, I will be looking for a job when I get back :) hehe maybe not as strong as dan but I sure could try

Von and Maureen said...

I would love to have seen the moose, but maybe not that close and not meeting it on a driveway. Love that you and Dan got to work together as much as you have. Hope the jobs keep coming in for you.....Dad said that he would help. Maybe you could take Deb up on her offer??? :)

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I am glad that you have kept relatively busy Josh. Dan is good help, no doubt. I can only imagine how hot working out in the sun would be, particularly dealing with stuff that is very hot and very black. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Jake

Daniel and Angie Callister said...

Great Basin Asphalt is the best asphalt maintenance company I have ever worked for... hands down! Thanks for the good times this summer. I hope we have several more jobs before I leave.

Rebekah said...

Hot and sweaty, but cool, too!
We sure do miss you guys, and are hoping that you have lots more business coming your way!